Toshiba unveils AT300SE, a budget friendly 10.1 inch tablet exclusively for UK at £299.99. Powered by NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor with 1GB of RAM, Toshiba AT300SE runs on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) and sports a 10.1 inch, 1280x800 IPS touch display. It is similar to its predecessor AT300, but is slightly thicker and heavier. Toshiba AT300SE packs in 16GB of on board storage, which can be expanded up to 64GB using a MicroSD card. Other features include Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi, 3.0 megapixel rear camera, 1.2 megapixel front camera and GPS. There is no 3G or LTE network connectivity, which restricts it to indoor use only. Toshiba AT300SE comes with 25.0Wh, two cell battery, which the company claims to offer up to 10 Hours of battery life.
Toshiba AT300SE key specs:
- Android 4.1 - Jelly Bean
- 10.1 inch, 1280x800, IPS, 16:10 wide viewing angle display
- NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor with Integrated Graphics Controller
- 1GB of RAM (DDR3L-1333/667 MHz)
- Internal storage 16GB, with MicroSD support
- MicroUSB, MicroSD, headphone/mic combo port
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0 and GPS
- 3.0. Megapixel rear camera and 1.2 Megapixel front camera
- 261 x 180 x 10.5mm ; 625g
- Two cell, 25.0Wh Battery with 10 hours of life
Priced at £299.99, Toshiba AT300SE is a close competitor to Google Nexus 10, which cost £319 for the same 16GB but comes with Android 4.2 and 2560x1600 display. However Google Nexus 10 doesn't come with MicroSD card slot. Toshiba AT300SE will be available later this year.