HTC Announces Desire U, 4-inch Low Cost Android Smartphone
HTC has announced Desire U, a new budget friendly Android Smartphone. Targeted towards mobile users in Taiwan and China, the new Smartphone dons a 4-inch, 800×480 (WVGA) capacitive touchscreen display. HTC Desire U runs on Android 4.0.x – ICS with HTC Sense UI. The device houses an unknown 1GHz processor alongside 512MB of RAM and 4GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 32GB via MicroSD card. It has a 5MP, Auto focus rear camera with LED Flash and supports WVGA video recording. HTC Desire U offers wireless connectivity via 3G, GSM, Wi-Fi (b/g/n) and Bluetooth 4.0.
HTC Desire U Key Specs :
- Android 4.0.x- ICS with HTC Sense UI
- 4-inch, 800×480 (WVGA) capacitive touch
- 1GHz processor
- 512MB of RAM
- 4GB of internal storage
- MicroSD card support up to 32GB
- 5MP, Auto focus rear camera with LED Flash
- 3G – HSPA / WCDMA (900/2100 MHz)
- GSM / GPRS / EDGE (900/1800/1900 MHz)
- 3.5 mm stereo headphone jack
- Micro-USB 2.0 port
- Wi-Fi (b/g/n) and Bluetooth 4.0
- Beat Audio
- Dimensions: 118.5 × 62.3 × 9.32 mm
- Weight: 119.0 grams
- 1650 mAh lithium-ion battery
HTC Desire U is priced at $275, the company is yet to reveal the release date of the Smartphone. There’s no information whether the company is planning for any international variant for other markets worldwide.
The following two tabs change content below.
Sai Dev is Founder and Author of TechieOpus. He is a Tech enthusiastic and has graduated in Electronics and Communication Engineering and completed his post graduation in Business Administration.