The much anticipated Sony Xperia Z Smartphone is finally unveiled at CES 2013. The precision engineered Full HD Smartphone appeared online recently and made headlines.
The device flaunts a 5 inch super bright Full HD 1080p Reality Display that packs in over 16 million colors into it. Powered by Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2, the razor sharp display conforms according to the content and displays it in the best way.
Sony Xperia Z houses the powerful 1.5GHz Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor with 2GB of RAM alongside Adreno 320 GPU and runs Google Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (upgradable to 4.2). It comes with a 13MP rear camera with Auto focus and LED Flash, Exmor RS sensor for HDR images and video.
Built around durable tempered glass, Sony Xperia Z has high IP55 & IP57 ratings for water and dust resistance. The device offers cellular connectivity via 4G-LTE, 3G-HSPA, and 2G bands. Sharing and networking has been made easy with the help of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, DLNA, NFC and MHL-MicroUSB v2.0. The 2330 mAh non-removable Li-ion battery offers up to 11 hours of talk time and up to 550 hours of standby time.
Sony Xperia Z Key Specification :
- Android v4.1.2 -Jelly Bean (upgradable to 4.2)
- 5-inch, 1920x1080 full HD Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- 1.5GHz Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor
- Adreno 320 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- 16 GB internal memory with MicroSD support up to 32 GB
- 13 MP rear camera with Auto focus and LED Flash
- 2.2 MP 720p front-facing camera
- IP55 & IP57 certified - water and dust resistance
- 4G-LTE, 3G-HSPA, and 2G bands
- Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA
- NFC and Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP
- MHL-MicroUSB v2.0
- Dimensions: 139 x 71 x 7.9 mm; 146 g (5.15 oz)
- 2330 mAh non-removable Li-ion battery
Sony is also set to launch Xperia ZL, a design variant of Xperia Z in selected market. Sony Xperia ZL is designed with similar features as Xperia Z but in a smaller form factor. Sony is silent on availability and pricing at this time, but it is expected to be launched in the first quarter of 2013.