At MWC 2013, LG introduced its new Optimus L Series II devices. The Optimus L7 II went on sale in Russia first, followed by Optimus L3 II. LG has now announced the global roll out of its final phone in the L Series II - the Optimus L5 II.
LG Optimus L5 II flaunts a 4-inch, WVGA (480x800) IPS LCD display and runs on Android v4.1 Jelly Bean OS. Powered by 1GHz single core processor along with 512 MB of RAM, the device offers 4GB of internal storage, which is expandable up to 32GB using a MicroSD card. It has a 5 MP rear camera with LED Flash. Other specs include 3G-HSPA, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, MicroUSB v2.0, GPS, and a Li-Ion 1700 mAh battery.
The Optimus L5 II features new UX enhancements like QuickMemo for creating and sharing notes instantly, Quick Button for customizing Hotkeys to launch various apps and the Safety Care emergency Call Forwarding, Phone Non-Usage Notice and My Location Notice, which can be programmed to contact a particular number in case of emergency.
LG Optimus L5 II Key Specifications :
- Dual SIM functionality (Optional)
- Android v4.1 Jelly Bean OS
- 4-inch, WVGA (480x800) IPS LCD display
- 1GHz single core processor
- 512 MB of RAM
- 4GB of internal storage (MicroSD support up to 32GB)
- 5.0 MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 3G, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth with A2DP, GPS
- Dimensions: 117.5x62.2x9.2mm / 118.4x62.2x9.2mm (Dual-SIM)
- Li-Ion 1700 mAh battery
The dual SIM Optimus L5 II will first ship from Brazil followed by single and dual-SIM variants in South and Central America, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Russia and Africa. The device comes in various color options - Indigo Black, White, Pink and Titan.