Sony has launched its flagship Smartphone, the Xperia Z in India. It was unveiled at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2013) in January this year. Along with Xperia Z, the company has also launched the Xperia ZL, a design variant of Xperia Z but in a smaller form factor.
Sony Xperia Z has a 5 inch super bright Full HD 1080p Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2. Powered by a 1.5GHz Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor alongside 2GB of RAM, the device offers 16GB of internal memory that can be expanded up to 32GB with MicroSD card. There's a 13 MP Auto focus rear camera with LED Flash and a 2.2 MP 720p front-facing camera for video chat.
Sony Xperia Z has high IP55 & IP57 ratings for water and dust resistance, the same is sacrificed in the Xperia ZL. Other specs include Adreno 320 GPU, 4G-LTE, 3G-HSPA+, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, NFC, Bluetooth and GPS. Measuring 139 x 71 x 7.9 mm at 146 grams, the device houses a 2330 mAh battery that offers up to 11 hours of talk time and up to 550 hours of standby time.
Sony Xperia Z Key Specifications:
- Android v4.1.2 -Jelly Bean (upgradable to 4.2)
- 5-inch, 1920x1080 full HD Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- 1.5GHz Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor
- Adreno 320 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- 16 GB internal memory with MicroSD support up to 32 GB
- 13 MP rear camera with Auto focus and LED Flash
- 2.2 MP 720p front-facing camera
- IP55 & IP57 certified - water and dust resistance
- 4G-LTE, 3G-HSPA, and 2G bands
- Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA
- NFC and Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP
- MHL-MicroUSB v2.0
- Dimensions: 139 x 71 x 7.9 mm; 146 g
- 2330 mAh non-removable Li-ion battery
Sony Xperia Z and Xperia ZL Price in India :
Sony Xperia Z carries a price tag of Rs. 37990 (~USD $700) in India. It is available in three color options - White, Black and Purple. On the other hand, the Xperia XL is priced at Rs. 35990 (~USD $660) in India with White and Black color options.