Google has officially revealed the tech specs of its highly anticipated eye gear, Google Glass. Google is also planning to ship the gear in batches, initially to developers and explorers who has registered for it at the Google’s I/O developer conference in San Francisco last year.
Google Glass sports a High resolution display, which is comparable to a 25-inch high definition screen about eight feet away. It has an adjustable nose pads with extra nose pads in two sizes. The eye gear is equipped with a 5-megapixel camera capable of recording videos at 720p. There's a 16GB of flash storage (with 12GB usable) that is synced with Google cloud storage. The audio portion is taken care by a Bone conduction transducer.
In terms of connectivity, it supports Wi-Fi (802.11b/g) and Bluetooth. The battery will offer enough juice for one full day of typical use, a Micro USB cable and charger is also included. Google mandates to charge the Glass using the included charger. Google Glass is compatible with any Bluetooth-capable phone, but the MyGlass companion app requires Android v4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or higher.
Google Glass Technical specifications:
- Adjustable nosepads and durable frame, with two sizes of extra nosepads
- High resolution display (equivalent of a 25-inch high definition screen about eight feet away)
- 5-megapixel camera capable of recording videos at 720p
- 16GB Flash memory (with 12GB usable), synced with Google cloud storage
- Bone Conduction Transducer audio
- Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
- Bluetooth (version not specified)
- Battery: One full day of typical use
- Micro USB cable and charger
- Compatible with any Bluetooth-enabled phone
Google Glass will be available in vibrant colors like Charcoal, Tangerine, Shale, Cotton and Sky. It carries a price tag of $1500 USD.