Karbonn Mobiles has launched a new dual-SIM Smartphone featuring Broadcom 3G Platform called the Karbonn Smart A12 in India. Priced at Rs. 7990, the Smart A12 runs on Broadcom BCM21654G chipset that includes a 1GHz ARM Cortex A9 processor, which is optimized for the Android v4.0 ICS operating system.
Karbonn Smart A12 sports a 4.5-inch Multi touch Capacitive Screen with FWVGA resolution of 854 x 480 pixels. In terms of memory, the device will pack a 512MB of RAM and 4GB of internal storage, which can be expanded by up to 32GB using a MicroSD card. There is a 5.0 MP auto focus rear camera with LED flash and a 0.3MP front facing VGA camera on-board. It comes with a full connectivity suite that includes 3G, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth and GPS. The 1800 mAh battery housed will offer up to 4 hrs of talk time and up to 180 hrs standby.
In a press release, Shashin Devsare, Karbonn Mobiles Executive Director said, "The launch of the Karbonn Smart A12 provides our customers with an affordable, high-performance Android device that delivers not only the functionality of a Smartphone, but the advanced capabilities that have become integral to a strong user experience such as responsive interfaces and brilliant graphics"
Karbonn Smart A12 Key Specifications :
- Dual-SIM functionality with dual-standby
- Android v4.0 ICS operating system
- 4.5-inch, 854 x 480 pixels, Multi touch Capacitive Display
- 1GHz ARM Cortex A9 processor
- 512MB of RAM
- 4GB of internal memory with up to 32GB MicroSD support
- 5.0 MP auto focus rear camera with LED flash
- 0.3MP front facing VGA camera
- 3G, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth and GPS
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- 1800 mAh battery (up to 4 hrs of talk time and 180 hrs standby)
- Dimensions: 135 x 66 x 11 mm; 164 g
Karbonn Smart A12 is now available for sale in India with a price tag of Rs.7990 (~USD $147).