The much awaited Samsung Galaxy S4 hit stores in India with a retail price tag of Rs. 41,500 (~USD $762). The Smartphone was unveiled with much fanfare earlier this year. It is expected to give tough competition to the Apple's iPhone 5, Nokia Lumia 920 and Blackberry Z10, in the price bracket of Rs 35,000 to Rs 45,000.
Though Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with two different versions of processor, the model sold in India will be equipped with Exynos 5 Octa SoC with eight cores, four 1.6GHz Cortex A15 cores and four 1.2GHz Cortex A7 cores. It sports a 5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) Super AMOLED display and comes with 13MP autofocus rear camera with LED flash alongside 2MP front facing camera. Under the hood it runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS.
Among the other specs, the Galaxy S4 includes 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage with MicroSD support, PowerVR SGX 544MP3 GPU, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4. 0, NFC, built-in IR Blaster and a 2600 mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Specifications in India :
- Android v4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS
- 5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) Super AMOLED display
- Corning's latest Gorilla Glass 3
- Exynos 5 Octa SoC (four 1.6GHz Cortex A15 / four 1.2GHz Cortex A7)
- PowerVR SGX 544MP3 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB of Internal memory13MP Auto-focus rear camera with LED flash
- 2MP front facing camera capable of full HD recording @30fps
- 3G (HSPA+ 42Mbps) and GSM/ GPRS/ EDGE
- Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) and Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP
- IR port (Remote Control), NFC and MicroUSB (MHL) 2.0
- GPS and GLONASS
- Dimensions: 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm; 130g
- 2,600 mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy S4 comes in two colour options - Black Mist and White Frost. The device is now available across India and carries a price tag of Rs. 41,500 for a 16GB internal storage version.