Acer has officially unveiled the Iconia A1-810 tablet, which was spotted on an online French retailer site last month. Priced at $169, the tablet takes aim at Apple's iPad Mini, which starts from $329 and has a similar form factor specs.
Acer Iconia A1-810 boasts of a 7.9 inch IPS LED-backlit display that offers a resolution of 1024x768 pixels at 163 ppi. The device is equipped with an 1.2GHz quad-core Mediatek processor coupled with 1GB of RAM and runs on Android v4.2 Jelly Bean OS. It has a 5MP rear camera alongside a 0.3MP VGA front-facing camera. The tablet offers connectivity via 3G, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0, MicroHDMI, MicroUSB and GPS.
Acer Iconia A1-810 Key Specifications :
- Android v4.2 (Jelly Bean) OS
- 7.9-inch, 1024X768 pixels, IPS Multi-touch display
- 1.2GHz quad-core Mediatek processor
- 1GB of RAM
- 8GB/16GB of internal memory (up to 32GB MicroSD support)
- 5-megapixel rear camera
- 0.3MP VGA front-facing camera
- Optional 3G connectivity
- Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- MicroHDMI and MicroUSB ports
- 3250 mAh battery
- Dimensions - 208.7 x 145.7 x 11.1 mm
- Weighs 430g (3G variant) and 410g (WiFi only)
Acer Iconia A1-810 will be available in two storage options - 8GB and 16GB, which is priced at $169 and $199 respectively. The tablet will ship later this month.