Hewlett-Packard has unveiled an improved version of its Envy x2 that was introduced last year. Dubbed as the HP Split x2, the new Windows 8 laptop cum tablet hybrid is bigger and more powerful among the devices in the 'x2' series.
HP Split x2 sports a 13.3-inch HD display with a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels. It comes with a choice of Intel Core i3 and i5 processors and has 2GB of RAM. For storage, it offers Up to 128GB SSD storage plus 500GB of HDD in keyboard dock. It is also equipped with a 1080p HD front-facing HP TrueVision Webcam with integrated digital microphone and Beats Audio with dual-speakers.
The new Windows 8 convertible supports wireless connectivity via Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n) and Bluetooth, but lacks NFC capability. It comes with an array of ports that include MicroSD reader, Combo audio jack, USB 3.0, USB 2.0, HDMI port and SD card slot. There are two batteries, one within keyboard dock and other in the tablet.
HP Split x2 Key Specifications:
- Windows 8 OS
- 13.3-inch HD (1366 x 768) display
- 3rd Generation Intel Core i3 or i5 processors
- 2GB of RAM
- Intel Graphics Accelerator
- Up to 128GB SSD plus 500GB HDD Hard drive in keyboard dock
- 1080p HD front-facing HP TrueVision Webcam
- Integrated digital microphone
- Beats Audio with dual-speakers
- Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n) and Bluetooth
- MicroSD reader, Combo audio jack and SD card slot
- USB 3.0, USB 2.0 and HDMI port
- Two batteries
- Dimensions: 13.38 x 8.5 x 0.92 inch; 4.85 lbs (2.2kg)
HP Split x2 is expected to be available in August starting at $799.99.