Nokia has debuted the Asha 501, the first product in the New Asha series. The new Asha handset takes the design cue from Lumia and comes in six bold colors with amazing battery life. It comes in both single SIM and Dual SIM version and is likely to compete with the Samsung Rex model.
Nokia Asha 501 has a 3-inch QVGA (320x240) resolution LCD display with a pixel density of 133 ppi. In terms of storage, it comes with 128 MB of internal memory and supports up to 32GB of MicroSD card. There's also a basic 3.2MP rear camera capable of recording videos at QVGA resolution. For connectivity, it includes Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g), Bluetooth 3.0, USB 2.0, Micro-USB and 3.5 mm audio jack. The device is powered by a 1200 mAh battery that offers up to 17 hrs of talk time and up to 624 hrs of standby.
The new Asha platform comes with a choice of two main screens- one is the traditional home screen and the other one is Fastlane. The new Fastlane screen shows messages, recently accessed contacts, notifications received and currently running apps. The Nokia Asha 501 includes pre-installed Xpress browser and Xpress Now. The Xpress browser compresses Internet data by up to 90% and offers fast and affordable mobile browsing. Nokia Xpress Now, on the other hand is a new Web app, that delivers location based content and trending topics. In addition, users get 40 free EA games downloadable from Nokia Store.
Nokia Asha 501 Key Specifications :
- Dual SIM (GSM + GSM) with Dual Standby (Optional)
- Nokia Asha software platform 1.0
- 3-inch QVGA (320x240) resolution LCD display
- 128 MB of internal memory with up to 32GB of MicroSD support
- 4GB card included in the box
- 3.2MP camera
- 2G (GSM), Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g) and Bluetooth 3.0
- USB 2.0, Micro-USB and 3.5 mm audio jack
- FM Radio
- 40 free EA games downloadable from Nokia Store
- 1200 mAh battery (up to 17 hrs of talk time and up to 624 hrs of standby)
- Dimensions: 99.2 x 58 x 12.1 mm; 98 g
Nokia Asha 501 will be priced under $99 before taxes and subsidies for the single-SIM version and will start shipping in June 2013 through 60 operators and distributors in more than 90 countries worldwide. The available colors are Bright Red, Bright Green, Cyan, Yellow, White and Black.