Panasonic re-enters the Smartphone market with the launch of 'Panasonic P51' in India. The new Smartphone sports a 5-inch, 1280x720, IPS display which is protected by the scratch resistance Asahi Dragon trail glass. Under the hood, it runs on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) OS and supports dual SIM functionality.
In terms of processor, the P51 is powered by 1.2GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6589 processor coupled with 1GB of RAM. It has 4GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 32GB using a MicroSD card. There's an 8MP auto focus rear camera that can shoot videos at 1080p and a 1.3MP front-facing camera.
For connectivity, it has 3G-HSPA+, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth v4.0 and GPS. The phone houses a 2500 mAh battery and measures 144 x 75 x 8.5 mm at 135 grams. It comes pre-loaded with apps like WeChat, Kingsoft Office, Cam Scanner and Cam Card reader. In addition it is bundled with a stylus and a magnetic flip cover.
Panasonic P51 Key Specifications :
- Dual-SIM functionality
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) OS
- 5-inch, 720p IPS display protected by Asahi Dragon Trail glass
- 1.2GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6589 processor
- 1GB of RAM
- 4GB of internal storage
- Up to 32GB MicroSD card support
- 8MP auto focus rear camera with LED Flash
- 1.3MP front-facing camera
- 3G-HSPA+, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth v4.0 and GPS
- 2500 mAh battery
- Dimensions: 144 x 75 x 8.5 mm; 135 grams
The Panasonic P51 will be available across India from next week onwards. It is priced at Rs. 26,900 (~USD $490) and comes in Black and White color options.