Sony shrinks its flagship Smartphone Xperia Z to 4.6-inch and christened it as the Xperia ZR. It inherits most of the features of its big brother and can shoot Full HD videos or snap pictures underwater up to a depth of 1.5 meters for up to 30 minutes.
Sony Xperia ZR flaunts a 4.6-inch MultiTouch display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels at 323 ppi. The display is powered by Sony's Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2 along with OptiContrast panel and delivers razor sharp display even in bright sunlight. The OptiContrast panel eliminates the extra touchscreen layer by integrating the sensor on the lens itself. This improves the responsiveness of the screen and the clarity of the image.
Internally, the device is equipped with a 1.5GHz Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor coupled with 2GB of RAM and runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. For connectivity, it has 4G-LTE, 3G-HSPA+, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC. Among other specs, the Xperia ZR includes 8GB internal memory, 13MP rear camera, built-in FM radio, MicroUSB v2.0 and 2300 mAh battery.
Sony Xperia ZR Key Specifications :
- Android v4.1 Jelly Bean OS
- IP55 & IP58 certified - water and dust resistance
- 4.55-inch, 1280 x 720 pixels, Reality Display
- Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2 and OptiContrast panel
- 1.5GHz Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor
- 2GB of RAM
- 8GB internal memory with MicroSD support up to 32 GB
- 13 MP auto-focus rear camera with Exmor RS for mobile and LED Flash
- VGA front-facing camera
- 4G-LTE, 3G-HSPA, and 2G bands
- Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA
- Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP and NFC
- MHL-MicroUSB v2.0
- Dimensions: 131.3 x 67.3 x 10.5 mm; 138 g (4.93 oz)
- 2300 mAh Li-ion battery
The Sony Xperia ZR comes in four color options - Black, White, Pink and Mint. It will be available around the world from Q2 2013.