Toshiba has unveiled its newest flagship Windows 8 Ultrabook called the KIRAbook. Built around magnesium alloy frameworks, it is slimmer, lighter and stronger. Sporting a stunning high-resolution display, it is expected to rival Apple's MacBook Pro with Retina display.
Toshiba KIRAbook packs a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels into its 13.3-inch PixelPure touch display. It comes with a choice of Intel Core i5 or i7 processors and is backed by 8GB DDR3 RAM. In terms of HDD, it has a 256GB mSATA solid state drive. Among other specs, it includes Wi-Fi (802.11n), Bluetooth 4.0, USB 3.0, HDMI port, Webcam, card reader and backlit keyboard. Weighing just 2.97 lbs at a thickness of 0.7 inch, it houses a 3380 mAh battery.
Toshiba KIRAbook Key Specifications :
- Windows 8 Pro (64-bit)
- 13.3-inch, 2560 x 1440, PixelPure LED Backlit Touch Screen display
- Protected by Corning Concore Glass
- Intel Core i5-3337U / i7-3537U processor
- 8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
- 256GB Solid State Drive (mSATA, SSD)
- Integrated Intel HD 4000 Graphics
- HD Webcam and Microphone
- DTS Studio Sound
- Frameless LED Backlit Keyboard
- Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230, 2x2 BGN + Wi-Di Capable
- Bluetooth v4.0
- USB 3.0 port, Memory Card Reader and HDMI output port
- 3380 mAh Lithium Polymer battery
- Dimensions 12.44 × 8.15 × 0.7 inch; 2.97 lbs (1.35kg)
The Toshiba KIRAbook comes with both non touch display and touch display. The non touch display with i5 processor costs $1,599.99, while the touch screen variant with i5 and i7 processor ships at $1,799.99 and $1,999.99 respectively.