ASUS has announced its new 10-inch Android-running tablet - the MeMO Pad FHD 10, at Computex 2013 alongside its 7-inch version. The tablet is powered by Intel's latest Clover Trail+ CPU similar to the 6-inch Fonepad Note.
ASUS MeMO Pad FHD 10 flaunts a 10-inch full HD (1920x1200) IPS LCD display with a pixel density of 227 PPI. ASUS has used Intel's new Clover Trail+ based Atom Z2560 processor, which is a dual-core processor clocking in at 1.6GHz. It also packs a PowerVR SGX 544MP2 graphics engine and 2GB of RAM.
The device is equipped with a 5-megapixels autofocus rear camera capable of recording videos at 1080p and a 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera. It comes in 16GB or 32GB storage capacities with MicroSD card slot. The stereo speaker with SonicMaster audio technology delivers crisp, immersive and incredible sound.
ASUS MeMO Pad FHD 10 will be available in LTE and Wi-Fi only versions. The LTE model will pack a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro CPU, in place of the dual-core Clover Trail+ CPU that the Wi-Fi version houses. It is powered by a Lithium Polymer battery, which ASUS claims can provide up to 10 hours of run time with 720p video playback.
ASUS MeMO Pad FHD 10 Key Specifications :
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS
- 10-inch full HD (1920x1200) IPS LCD display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor (LTE version)
- 1.6GHz Intel Atom Z2560 processor (Wi-Fi Version)
- PowerVR SGX 544MP2 graphics engine
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB/32GB internal storage
- 5MP autofocus rear camera
- 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera
- LTE / Wi-Fi connectivity
- Bluetooth, GPS and Micro-USB port
- Stereo speakers with SonicMaster technology
- Lithium Polymer battery
- Dimensions: 264.6 x 182.4 x 9.5mm; 580g
The MeMO Pad FHD 10 will be available in three color options - Royal Blue, Silk White, and Vivid Pink. It is expected to go on sale in September 2013. There's no word on pricing yet.