Finally, the much rumored and much awaited Huawei Ascend P6 has been officially announced at an event in London. At 6.18 millimeters thin,the Smartphone is crowned to be the world's thinnest Smartphone ever. It sports a sleek metallic body and weighs just about 120g.
Huawei Ascend P6 has a 4.7-inch capacitive touch display with an HD resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels. The display uses in-cell LCD technology, which makes it thinner by integrating touch sensors into the LCD. The display also features ‘MagicTouch’ that allows you to use your Smartphone even while wearing gloves.
It packs a 1.5 GHz quad-core processor alongside 2GB of RAM and runs on Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) OS with new Emotion UI. For storage, it has an 8GB of internal memory that can be expanded using a MicroSD card. There's an 8MP rear camera with BSI sensor, F2.0 aperture, and a 4cm macro view. It is also capable of 1080p full HD video recording and playback. The 5MP front-facing camera comes with auto facial-enhancing capabilities for taking self portraits.
In terms of connectivity, it supports 3G-HSPA+, Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n), Bluetooth v3.0 and GPS. It also comes with multi-screen AirSharing capability that lets users connect it to a range of devices to boost productivity. The 2000 mAh battery comes with Automated Discontinuous Reception (ADRX) and Quick Power Control (QPC) battery optimization and power saving technology for extended life.
Huawei Ascend P6 Key Specifications:
- Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) OS with new Emotion UI
- 4.7-inch capacitive touchscreen HD display
- 1.5 GHz quad-core processor
- 2GB of RAM
- 8GB Internal storage with MicroSD expansion
- 8MP rear BSI camera with 1080p full HD video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera comes with auto facial-enhancing capabilities
- 3G-HSPA+, Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n), Wi-Fi Direct and Bluetooth v3.0
- GPS with A-GPS support + GLONASS
- FM radio
- 2000 mAh battery
- Dimensions: 132.7 x 65.5 x 6.18 mm; 120 g
The Huawei Ascend P6 comes in black, white and pink with matching color cases. Priced at 449 Euros (~USD $600) without a contract, the device will hit stores in China from June and Western Europe from July.