Sony PlayStation 4 with 8-core 64-bit CPU and 500GB HDD Unveiled
The PlayStation 4 is equipped with a 8-core 64-bit x86 AMD ‘Jaguar’ CPU alongside 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon-based GPU. In the memory front, it has an 8GB of GDDR5 RAM and 500GB of Hard disk space. For networking, it supports Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth 2.1 and Ethernet. Other specs include Super-Speed USB 3.0, HDMI out, Optical Out port, 6x CAV BD and 8x CAV DVD drive.
Sony has confirmed that there are over 110 titles in the upcoming software lineup, which includes Destiny from Bungie, Diablo III from Blizzard, Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag from Ubisoft and Mad Max from Warner Bros. In addition, Sony Studios is working on over 30 new PS4 titles including 12 brand new IPs.
Sony PlayStation 4 Key Specifications :
- 8-core 64-bit x86 AMD ‘Jaguar’ CPU
- 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon-based GPU
- 8GB of GDDR5 RAM
- 500GB of Hard disk space
- Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) and Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- Ethernet 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX and 1000BASE-T×1
- Super-Speed USB 3.0 port
- HDMI out port
- DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) port
- 6x CAV BD and 8x CAV DVD drive (read-only)
- Dimensions: 275 × 53 × 305 mm; 2.8 kg