LG Electronics has unveiled its latest flagship Smartphone under its new "G" Series for premium devices. Dubbed as the LG G2, the Smartphone shuns the side buttons and moves to a unique Rear Key concept with the main buttons on the back of the phone.
LG G2 sports a 5.2-inch full HD IPS display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels at 423 PPI. The display is claimed to be the world’s slimmest (2.2mm) 1080p LCD and comes with Graphic RAM (GRAM), which reduces the power consumption by up to 26% on a still frame. The device is powered by a 2.26GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor alongside 2GB of RAM and Adreno 330 GPU. In terms of internal storage, it comes in two storage options 16GB and 32GB with no MicroSD card support.
There's a 13MP AF rear camera with Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS) technology for brighter and sharper images. At the front, it has a 2.1MP camera. It is the first Smartphone to feature 24 bit/192kHz Hi-Fi playback that reproduces studio-like quality sound. Other specs include LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.0 and a non-removable 3,000mAh battery.
LG G2 Key Specifications:
- Android v4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS
- 5.2-inch full HD (1080 x 1920) IPS display with 423 PPI
- 2.26GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor
- 2GB of RAM
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 16/32 GB internal storage
- 13MP AF rear camera with OIS technology
- 2.1MP front facing camera
- 24 bit/192kHz Hi-Fi playback
- LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth v4.0
- Non-removable 3,000mAh battery
- Dimensions: 138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9mm
LG G2 will be available in black or white and will roll out in over 130 carriers in the next eight weeks starting in South Korea, followed by North America, Europe and other key markets. There's no word on the pricing details.