After much speculation, Apple Inc., has unveiled a much thinner and lighter successor to the iPad 4. Dubbed as the iPad Air, it weighs just one pound and runs on the latest and world’s most advanced mobile OS - the iOS7.
Apple iPad Air sports a 9.7-inch LED-backlit Multi-Touch Retina display with IPS technology and offers a resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels at 264 ppi. It is equipped with the new Apple A7 chipset with 64-bit architecture and M7 motion coprocessor, which the company claims to brings the desktop-class architecture to iPad.
In terms of camera, the iPad Air has a 5MP Autofocus iSight camera (rear) and a 1.2MP FaceTime HD Camera (front). For connectivity, it has dual channel Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n) and Bluetooth 4.0 technology. It also comes with an optional LTE and 3G cellular connectivity support.
The iPad Air is powered by a 32.4 Wh Non-removable Li-Po battery, which offers up to 10 hours of mixed runtime using Wi-Fi and 9 hours using cellular connectivity. Other specs include 3.5-mm stereo headphone minijack, built-in speaker, microphone and lightning connector.
Apple iPad Air Key Specifications:
- Apple iOS 7
- 9.7-inch, 2048x1536, LED-backlit Multi-Touch IPS Retina display
- Apple A7 chipset with 64-bit architecture and M7 motion coprocessor
- 1GB of RAM
- 16/32/64/128 GB of internal storage
- 5MP Autofocus iSight camera (rear)
- 1.2MP FaceTime HD Camera (front)
- Dual channel Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
- Bluetooth 4.0 technology
- LTE and 3G cellular connectivity (Optional)
- 3.5-mm stereo headphone minijack
- Built-in speaker and Microphone
- Lightning connector
- 32.4 Wh Non-removable Li-Po battery
- Dimensions: 240 x 169.5 x 7.5 mm; 469g/478g (3G/LTE)
Apple iPad Air is available in various storage capacities and comes in two color options - Space Gray and Silver. It is expected to hit stores this November.