Apple finally shows off its new iPad Mini with Retina display. Running on the latest iOS 7, the iPad Mini 2 weighs a scant 331 grams and measures just 7.5mm thin.
As reported earlier, Apple iPad Mini 2, like its predecessor, flaunts the same 7.9-inches LED-backlit Multi-Touch display with IPS technology, but gets a Retina display with a resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels at 326 ppi.
The specs of the new iPad Mini are almost similar to the iPad Air. There's a 64-bit architecture A7 chip alongside M7 motion coprocessor, 5MP Autofocus iSight camera (rear), 1.2MP FaceTime HD Camera (front), dual channel Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0 technology and an optional LTE and 3G cellular connectivity support.
It houses a built-in 23.8 Wh rechargeable Li-Po battery that offers up to 10 hours of mixed runtime using Wi-Fi and 9 hours using cellular connectivity. Other specs include 3.5-mm stereo headphone minijack, built-in speaker, microphone, Lightning connector, three-axis gyro, accelerometer and ambient light sensor.
Apple iPad Mini 2 with Retina display key Specifications:
- Apple iOS 7
- 7.9-inch, 2048x1536, LED-backlit Multi-Touch IPS Retina display
- Apple A7 chipset with 64-bit architecture and M7 motion coprocessor
- 1GB of RAM
- 16/32/64/128 GB of internal storage
- 5MP Autofocus iSight camera (rear)
- 1.2MP FaceTime HD Camera (front)
- Dual channel Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
- Bluetooth 4.0 technology
- LTE and 3G cellular connectivity (Optional)
- 3.5-mm stereo headphone minijack
- Built-in speaker and Microphone
- Lightning connector
- 23.8 Wh Non-removable Li-Po battery
- Dimensions: 200 x 134.7 x 7.5 mm; 331g/341g (3G/LTE)
Apple iPad Mini 2 with Retina display comes in various storage capacities and ships in two color options - Space Gray and Silver. It is expected to hit stores this November.