Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., has announced the next generation mobile processor - the Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor. The processor features the new Adreno 420 GPU, which offers up to 40 percent more graphics processing power than its predecessor.
The Snapdragon 805 processor is the first mobile processor to offer system-level Ultra HD support, 4K video capture and playback and enhanced dual camera Image Signal Processors (ISPs), for superior performance, multitasking, power efficiency and mobile user experiences.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor Key Features:
- Krait 450 quad-core CPU running at up to 2.5GHz per core and memory bandwidth support of up to 25.6GB/second
- Ultra HD resolution featuring the new Adreno 420 GPU for advanced 4K rendering at lower power
- Qualcomm Gobi MDM9x25 or the Gobi MDM9x35 modem to support LTE carrier aggregation and LTE Category 4 with superior peak data rates of up to 150Mbps
- Qualcomm’s most advanced Wi-Fi for mobile, 2-stream dual-band Qualcomm VIVE 802.11ac, enables wireless 4K video streaming and other media-intensive applications.
- Low-power PCIe interface to the QCA6174 for faster mobile Wi-Fi performance (over 600 Mbps)
- Support for Hollywood Quality Video (HQV) with hardware 4K HEVC (H.265) decode for mobile for extremely low-power HD video playback
- First Gpixel/s throughput camera support in a mobile processor designed for a significant increase in camera speed and imaging quality.
The Snapdragon 805 processor is expected to be available in commercial devices by the first half of 2014.