ASUS has unveiled the world’s first laptop cum tablet convertible that runs both Android and WIndows OS at the CES 2014. Dubbed as the Transformer Book Duet TD300, it can be used in either laptop or tablet modes and can shift between Windows 8.1 and Android 4.2.2 with just a single push of the Instant Switch button or a virtual key on the tablet.
ASUS Transformer Book Duet TD300 sports a 13.3-inch full-HD (1920 x 1080) IPS multi-touch display. It packs a powerful Intel Core i7 processor alongside 4GB of RAM and Intel HD graphics. For storage, it offers up to 128GB SSD in Tablet and can support up to 1TB HDD in the dock. The ASUS SonicMaster technology and dual speakers deliver an immersive audio experience.
It comes with an array of connectivity options, which includes Wi-Fi (802.11ac), Bluetooth 4.0 with EDR, USB 3.0, two USB 2.0, 10/100Mbit/s LAN, HDMI 1.4 and audio combo jack. There's also a front-facing HD camera with a built-in digital mic for video chats. The device houses a 38WHr battery that offers up to 5 hours in Windows and up to 6 hours in Android.
ASUS Transformer Book Duet TD300 Key Specifications:
- Windows 8.1 Standard OS
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS
- 13.3-inch Full HD IPS multi-touch display
- Intel Core i7 processor
- Intel HD graphics
- 4GB DDR3L 1600 RAM
- Up to 128GB SSD in Tablet
- Up to 1TB HDD in Dock
- Up to 64GB Micro SD card support
- ASUS SonicMaster technology and dual speakers
- Wi-Fi (802.11ac) and Bluetooth 4.0 with EDR
- USB 3.0, two USB 2.0 and 10/100Mbit/s LAN
- HDMI 1.4 and audio combo jack
- 38WHr battery
- Tablet - 342.7 x 216.3 x 12.9mm
- Keyboard dock - 340.9 x 217.6 x 16mm
- Weighs 1.9kg
ASUS Transformer Book Duet TD300 starts at $599 and is expected to hit stores soon.