Samsung shows off the much rumored 12.2-inch Galaxy NotePRO and Galaxy TabPRO. Unveiled at the CES 2014 press conference, both the slates run on the latest Android 4.4 KitKat OS with TouchWiz UI and measures just 7.95mm thin.
The Galaxy Note PRO 12.2 flaunts a 12.2-inch WQXGA Super Clear LCD touchscreen with a massive resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels and comes with S Pen Stylus. The LTE version is equipped with 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 chipset with Adreno 330 GPU, while the 3G/Wi-Fi version is powered by Eynos 5 Octa (1.9GHz quad-core + 1.3GHz quad-core) SoC with Mali-T628 MP6 GPU.
Both the versions pack a 3GB RAM, an 8MP rear camera with LED flash, 2MP front-facing camera, 32GB/64GB of internal storage with up to 64GB MicroSD support and a 9,500mAh battery. For connectivity, it has Wi-Fi (a/b/g/n/ac), Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, MicroUSB 3.0 port, 3.5mm audio jack, Ethernet port and GPS receiver with A-GPS.
The Galaxy Tab PRO 12.2 packs a very similar spec to that of the Galaxy Note PRO 12.2 except the S - Pen and its associated functionality.
Samsung Galaxy Note PRO 12.2 and Tab PRO 12.2 Key Specifications:
- Android 4.4 KitKat OS with TouchWiz UI
- 12.2-inch WQXGA Super Clear LCD touchscreen
- S Pen Stylus (Note PRO only)
- 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 chipset (LTE)
- Exynos 5 Octa (1.9GHz quad-core + 1.3GHz quad-core) SoC (Wi-Fi)
- Adreno 330 GPU (LTE)
- Mali-T628 MP6 GPU (Wi-Fi)
- 3GB of RAM
- 32GB/64GB of internal storage
- Up to 64GB MicroSD support
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash
- 2MP front-facing camera
- Wi-Fi (a/b/g/n/ac), Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC
- MicroUSB 3.0 port, 3.5mm audio jack and Ethernet port
- GPS receiver with A-GPS
- 9,500mAh battery
- 295.6 x 204 x 7.95 mm; 750 g (Note PRO 12.2)
- 295.6 x 204 x 7.9 5mm; 732 g (Tab PRO 12.2)
The slates are scheduled to launch in the first quarter of this year. There's no word on the pricing of the devices.