Xperia Z1 Compact, Sony Mobile has unveiled the US variant of its flagship Xperia Z1, called the Xperia Z1s. It carries the same specifications of the Z1 and is available exclusively for T-Mobile in the US. Under the hood, it runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS and comes with IP55 and IP58 certification for dust and water resistance.
Sony Xperia Z1s sports a 5-inch full HD (1920 x 1080) display with X-Reality and Sony’s unique TRILUMINOS display for mobile. Internally, the device is powered by a 2.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor and packs 2GB of RAM and 32GB of internal memory with up to 64GB expansion support. The Smartphone is equipped with a 20.7MP rear camera with Sony G lens and Exmor RS image sensor. The rear snapper comes with a dedicated BIONZ image processing engine and can record 1080p videos. There's also has a 2MP 1080p front-facing camera.
Among other specs, the Xperia Z1s includes, 4G-LTE, 3G-HSPA+, Wi-Fi (820.11 a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, MicroUSB with MHL support, 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS and 3000mAh Battery with STAMINA mode.
Sony Xperia Z1s Key Specifications:
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS
- IP55 and IP58 certification for dust and water proof
- 5-inch 1080p TRILUMINOS display with X-Reality for mobile
- 2.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- 2GB of RAM
- 32GB of internal memory
- Up to 64GB expansion support
- 20.7MP rear camera with Sony G lens and Exmor RS image sensor
- 2MP 1080p front-facing camera
- 4G-LTE, 3G-HSPA+, Wi-Fi (820.11 a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC
- MicroUSB with MHL support
- 3.5mm audio jack
- FM Radio with RDS
- GPS with A-GPS support
- 3,000mAh Battery with STAMINA mode
- Dimensions: 145.7 x 73.9 x 8.55mm; 162g
Sony Xperia Z1s will be available in the US with T-Mobile starting 22nd January. It carries a price tag of $603 with contract or $22/Mo for a two year contract.