Sony Mobile has unveiled a smaller form factor of its flagship Xperia Z1 Smartphone at CES 2014. Dubbed as the Xperia Z1 Compact, the Smartphone packs all the premium features of its flagship model. Running on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS, it comes with IP55 and IP58 certification for dust and water proof.
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact boasts a 4.3-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) touch screen display with X-Reality and Sony’s unique TRILUMINOS display for mobile. Powered by a 2.2 GHz Qualcomm MSM8974 quad-core processor, it has 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 64GB via MicroSD card.
It is equipped with a 20.7 MP autofocus rear camera with Exmos RS sensor and pulsed LED flash. The rear snapper is capable of 1080p video recording and has the ability to take HDR photos/videos. There's also a 2MP 1080p front-facing camera.
The connectivity options available are 4G-LTE, 3G-HSPA+, WiFi (820.11 a/b/g/n/ac), WiFi Hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, and A-GPS. Among other specs, it includes MHL support, 3.5 mm audio jack, native USB tethering, USB High speed 2.0 and Micro USB support. The device houses a 2,300 mAh battery with STAMINA mode and offers up to 18 hours of talk time and up to 670 hours of standby.
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Key Specifications:
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS
- IP55 and IP58 certification for dust and water proof
- 4.3-inch 720p HD touch screen TRILUMINOS display with X-Reality
- 2.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8974 quad-Core processor
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB of internal storage with up to 64GB MicroSD support
- 20.7 MP auto-focus rear camera with Exmor RS for mobile sensor
- 2MP 1080p front-facing camera
- 4G-LTE, 3G-HSPA+, WiFi (820.11 a/b/g/n/ac) and WiFi Hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC
- MicroUSB port with MHL and 3.5mm audio jack
- GPS with A-GPS support
- 2,300 mAh battery with STAMINA mode
- Dimensions: 127 x 64.9 x 9.5 mm; 137 g
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact will hit stores globally from February 2014. It will be available in black, white, lime and pink color options. At present, the price is not disclosed.