Samsung has unveiled its fifth installment in the Galaxy S series. Running on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS, the Galaxy S5 takes over the flagship status from the Galaxy S4. The new Galaxy S5 offers advanced camera features, dedicated fitness tool, and enhanced security features.
Samsung Galaxy S5 flaunts a 5.1-inch full HD Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with a pixel density of 432 ppi. Protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3, it packs a 2.5GHz Quad core Snapdragon 801 CPU alongside 2GB of RAM. The internal memory comes with 2 storage options - 16GB or 32GB, and has a MicroSD support of up to 64GB. The device comes with IP67 dust and water resistance, thereby eliminating the need for a separate Active version.
Featuring LTE Cat.4 (150/50Mbps) connectivity, the Galaxy S5 offers high speed internet connectivity and also supports 3G-HSPA+, WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac), Bluetooth 4.0 BLE / ANT+, USB 3.0, NFC and IR Remote. There's a 16MP rear camera with selective focus feature that focus on a specific area and blurs out the background. The enhanced S Health 3.0 comes with built-in heart rate monitor, pedometer, and can be paired with next generation Galaxy Gear for real-time fitness coaching.
The Galaxy S5 comes with advanced security functionality like fingerprint scanner, biometric screen locking, and mobile payment experience. The device houses a 2800 mAh battery with ultra power saving mode that minimizes the battery consumption by turning the display to black and white mode.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Key Specifications:
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS
- 5.1-inch, 1920 x 1080, Full HD AMOLED
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 2.5GHz Quad core Snapdragon 801 CPU
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- IP67 dust and water resistance
- Finger Print Scanner
- 16/32 GB Internal storage
- Up to 64GB MicroSD support
- 16MP autofocus rear camera with LED flash
- 2.1MP front facing camera
- LTE Cat.4 (150/50Mbps) connectivity (Market dependent)
- 3G-HSPA+, WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) and Bluetooth 4.0 BLE / ANT+
- USB 3.0, NFC and IR Remote
- 2800 mAh battery with Ultra Power Saving mode
- Dimensions: 142.0 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm; 145 g
Samsung Galaxy S5 will hit stores this April in vibrant color options like charcoal Black, shimmery White, electric Blue and copper Gold.