Chinese Smartphone maker Gionee, has unveiled the world's slimmest Smartphone - the Elife S5.5. Measuring at 5.5mm thin, it takes over the title of being the world's slimmest Smartphone from Huawei Ascend P6, which measures 6.18mm thin and was launched last year.
Gionee Elife S5.5 dons a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protected 5-inch Super AMOLED full HD display, and is powered by a 1.7GHz octa-core processor with 2GB of RAM. It has 16GB of on-board storage and allows memory expansion up to 32GB via MicroSD card. Like the other Gionee phones, it runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS topped with Gionee's own Amigo 2.0 UI for enhanced user experience.
The Smartphone is equipped with a 13MP autofocus rear camera with LED flash and a 5MP front-facing camera with wide-angle lens for better video calls. It has an array of connectivity options, which include 3G-HSPA+, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, USB OTG, MicroUSB v2.0 and A-GPS support. The company is also planning to launch a LTE version later this year. As for battery, it packs a 2,300 mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery.
Gionee Elife S5.5 Key Specifications:
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS with Amigo 2.0 UI
- 5-inch, 1920x1080, Super AMOLED full HD display
- 1.7GHz octa-core processor
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB of on-board storage
- Up to 32GB Expansion support
- 13MP autofocus rear camera with LED flash
- 5MP front-facing camera with wide-angle lens
- 3G-HSPA+, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) and Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0, USB OTG and MicroUSB v2.0
- A-GPS support
- 2,300 mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery
- Dimensions: 145.1 x 70.2 x 5.5mm
Gionee Elife S5.5 will hit stores in Black, White, Blue, Pink, and Purple color options. Priced at CNY 2,299 (~USD $375), it will be available in China from 18th March. The handset will also see a launch in India later this month.