LG recently unveiled the compact version of its flagship G2 Smartphone, the LG G2 Mini. The Smartphone, which the company crowns as "the smallest LG G Series phone yet", will launch globally starting from April 2014.
LG G2 Mini sports a 4.7-inch IPS LCD touch screen display with Corning Gorilla Glass 2 protection that offers a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. The Smartphone will pack a 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor coupled with 1GB of RAM and 8GB of internal memory. In addition, it also has an expansion slot with up to 32GB of MicroSD support. There's also a Latin American variant, which houses a 1.7GHz Nvidia Tegra 4i chipset.
The device runs on the latest Android 4.4 KitKat OS and comes with optional dual-SIM functionality. It is equipped with an 8MP auto-focus rear camera with LED flash and a 1.3MP front facing camera. The Latin American variant will sport a 13MP rear snapper instead of a 8MP. The connectivity options included in the LG G2 Mini are 4G-LTE, 3G-HSPA+, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC (4G-LTE version only), A-GPS support and GLONASS. As for battery capacity, the handset comes with a Li-Ion 2440 mAh battery.
"The compact G2 mini offers a combination of design, hardware and UX features previously unavailable in its class, making it a very attractive option for mid-tier markets," said Dr. Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of LG Mobile.
LG G2 Mini Key Specifications:
- Dual-SIM functionality (Optional)
- Android 4.4 KitKat OS
- 4.7-inch, 540x960, IPS LCD touch screen
- Corning Gorilla Glass 2 protection
- 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor
- 1.7GHz Nvidia Tegra 4i processor (Latin American LTE variant)
- 1GB of RAM
- 8GB Internal storage
- Up to 32GB MicroSD support
- 8MP autofocus rear camera with LED flash
- 13MP autofocus rear camera with LED flash (Latin American LTE variant)
- 1.3MP front facing camera
- 4G-LTE, 3G-HSPA+, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA and Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP
- NFC (4G-LTE version only)
- A-GPS support and GLONASS
- 2440 mAh Li-Ion battery
- Dimensions: 129.6 x 66 x 9.8 mm; 121 grams
The LG G2 Mini will hit stores in CIS countries this April, followed by other markets. It will be available in Titan Black, Lunar White, Red and Gold colors. The color options and the pricing will vary depending on the region.