Sony has announced its next flagship Smartphone running on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS - the Xperia Z2. Unveiled at the MWC 2014 in Barcelona, the Smartphone features ultra-high-definition video recording and digital noise-canceling technology.
Sony Xperia Z2 sports a 5.2-inch full HD (1920x1080) TRILUMINOS IPS display with X-Reality for mobile picture engine. It packs a 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor alongside 3GB of RAM and 16GB of internal memory with up to 64GB expansion support. Like its predecessor Xperia Z1, it comes with IP55 and IP58 certification for dust and water resistance.
“With Xperia Z2 we have taken our premium Z series to the next level, delivering unique experiences that only Sony can offer” said Kunimasa Suzuki, President and CEO, Sony Mobile Communications.
The Smartphone is equipped with a 20.7 megapixel rear camera with 1/2.3-type Exmor RS for mobile CMOS image sensor, award-winning G Lens and intelligent BIONZ for mobile image processing engine. The video mode can now record videos at a stunning 4K resolution (3840×2160 pixels), which delivers four times the detail of full HD. There's also a 2.2MP front facing camera for video chat.
Sony’s digital noise cancelling technology helps to reduce up to 98% of ambient noise, when used with the compact in-ear digital noise cancelling headset. The S-Force front surround speakers offers an immerse audio experience.
For connectivity, the Xperia Z2 has 4G-LTE, 3G-HSPA+, Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac), Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, NFC, MHL support, USB High speed 2.0, and A-GPS. The 3200 mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery with STAMINA mode offers up to 19 hours of talk-time and up to 740 hours of standby time.
Sony Xperia Z2 Key Specifications:
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS
- 5.2-inch full HD (1920x1080) TRILUMINOS IPS display
- 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 3GB of RAM
- 16GB of Internal Memory
- Up to 64GB MicroSD support
- IP55 and IP58 certification
- 20.7MP rear camera with Exmor RS for Mobile and G-Lens
- 2.2MP front facing camera
- 4K resolution Video recording
- Digital noise-canceling technology
- 4G-LTE, 3G-HSPA+, and Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac)
- Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP
- Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot and NFC
- MHL support, USB High speed 2.0, and A-GPS
- 3200 mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery with STAMINA mode
- Dimensions: 146.8 x 73.3 x 8.2 mm ; 163 grams
The Xperia Z2 will hit stores globally in Black, White, Purple color options from March 2014.