Samsung has unveiled the Galaxy Tab S, the company's thinnest and lightest tablet till date. Running on Android 4.4 KitKat OS, it will ship in two different sizes - 8.4-inch and 10.5-inch. Enhanced with productivity features for effortless multitasking, the Galaxy Tab S features an elegant look and stylish design.
“With the launch of the Galaxy Tab S, Samsung is setting the industry bar higher for the entire mobile industry. It will provide consumers with a visual and entertainment experience that brings colors to life, beautifully packaged in a sleek and ultra-portable mobile device”, said JK Shin, CEO and President of IT & Mobile Division, Samsung Electronics.
The Galaxy Tab S flaunts a WQXGA (2560×1600, 16:10) Super AMOLED display. Depending on the region or operators, it will be powered by a Exynos 5 Octa (1.9 GHz Quad Core + 1.3 GHz Quad core) processor or a 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad core processor. The device houses a 3GB RAM and 16/32GB internal memory with up to 128GB MicroSD support.
There's an 8MP rear camera with LED Flash and a 2.1MP front facing Full HD camera. Rounding the specs are 4G-LTE, 3G-HSPA+, WiFi(802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) MIMO, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, IrLED, GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Accelerometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor and RGB Sensor. In terms of battery, the 10.5-inch version packs a 7,900mAh battery, while the 8.4-inch version has 4,900mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S Key Specifications:
- Android 4.4 KitKat OS
- 10.5-inch WQXGA (2560×1600) Super AMOLED display
- 8.4-inch WQXGA (2560×1600) Super AMOLED display
- Exynos 5 Octa (1.9 GHz Quad Core + 1.3 GHz Quad core)/2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor
- 3GB of RAM
- 16/32GB internal memory
- Up to 128GB MicroSD support
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 2.1MP front facing Full HD camera
- 4G-LTE, 3G-HSPA+, WiFi(802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) MIMO
- WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0 and IrLED
- GPS, GLONASS and Beidou
- 7,900mAh battery (10.5-inch)
- 4,900mAh battery (8.4-inch)
- Dimensions(10.5-inch): 247.3 x 177.3 x 6.6mm; 465g(Wifi)/467g(LTE)
- Dimensions(8.4-inch): 125.6 x 212.8 x 6.6mm; 294g(Wifi)/298g(LTE)
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S will hit stores in selective markets from July, 2014.