Apple has finally unveiled its much awaited flagship Smartphone - iPhone 6. As reported earlier, the new iPhone was launched alongside the iPhone 6 Plus at an event on 9th September.
Apple iPhone 6 ditches its customary 4-inch display and sports a 4.7-inch LED-backlit widescreen IPS Retina HD display with a resolution of 1334 x 750 pixels at 326 PPI. It packs a new A8 chip with 64-bit architecture that offers faster performance and greater battery life. In addition, it comes with a M8 motion coprocessor for capturing motion data. Under the hood, it runs on the company's latest iOS 8 mobile operating system.
In terms of camera, the new iPhone 6 features an 8MP autofocus iSight rear camera with 1.5µ pixels, ƒ/2.2 aperture, 5-element lens and dual-LED (dual tone) flash. There's also a 1.2MP FaceTime HD camera with backside illumination sensor, ƒ/2.2 aperture, burst mode and improved face detection. Other specs include, Fingerprint sensor (Touch ID), 4G-LTE, 3G-HSPA+, Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac), Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, USB 2.0, 3.5mm jack, A-GPS and GLONASS.
Apple iPhone 6 Key Specifications:
- Apple iOS 8
- 4.7-inch, 1334x750, LED-backlit widescreen IPS Retina HD display
- A8 chip with 64-bit architecture
- M8 motion coprocessor
- 1GB of RAM
- 16GB/64GB/128GB of Internal storage
- 8MP autofocus iSight rear camera with 1.5µ pixels, ƒ/2.2 aperture, 5-element lens and dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- 1.2MP FaceTime HD camera with backside illumination sensor, ƒ/2.2 aperture, burst mode and improved face detection
- Fingerprint sensor (Touch ID)
- Apple Pay
- 4G-LTE, 3G-HSPA+ and Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac)
- Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, USB 2.0 and 3.5mm jack
- A-GPS and GLONASS
- Dimensions: 138.1 x 67 x 6.9mm; 129 g
Apple iPhone 6 will hit stores in three storage options - 16GB/64GB/128GB, and will be available in Silver, Gold and Space Gray colors. It carries a price tag of $199 for the 16GB model, $299 for the 64GB model and, $399 for the new 128GB model with a two-year contract.