Micromax has unveiled its first Smartphone based on the Android One program - the Canvas A1. Android One phones are made using Google’s reference design, which packs an optimized hardware package for Android.
Micromax Canvas A1 supports dual-SIM functionality and sports a 4.5-inch FWVGA (480 x 854) resolution IPS display. Internally, it is powered by a 1.3GHz MediaTek quad-core MT6582 processor accompanied by Mali-400MP GPU and 1GB RAM. It has in-built storage of 4GB that can be expanded up to 32GB using a MicroSD card. Under the hood, it runs on the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS and will receive further updates directly from Google.
At the back, it has a 5MP autofocus camera with LED flash and has a resolution of 2560 x 1920 pixels. The front hosts a 2MP fixed focus camera with a resolution of 1600 x 1200 pixels. The cameras are capable of recording full HD videos in 1080p and can play HD videos without lags. For connectivity, it has 3G-HSPA+, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0, 3.5mm audio jack, Micro USB, and GPS. There's a 1700 mAh battery that offers up to 6 hrs of talk time and up to 160 hrs of standby time.
- Spice Dream UNO Android One Smartphone Launched for Rs. 6,299
- Karbonn Sparkle V Android One Smartphone Launched for Rs. 6399
Micromax Canvas A1 Key Specifications:
- Dual SIM functionality
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS
- 4.5-inch FWVGA (480 x 854) resolution IPS display
- 1.3GHz MediaTek quad-core MT6582 processor
- Mali-400MP GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB of Internal memory
- Up to 32GB MicroSD support
- 5MP autofocus rear camera with LED flash
- 2MP fixed focus front facing camera
- FM radio
- 3G-HSPA+, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) and Bluetooth 4.0
- 3.5mm audio jack and Micro USB
- GPS support
- 1700 mAh battery
- Dimensions: 132 x 67 x 9 mm; 136 g
Micromax Canvas A1 carries a price tag of Rs. 6,499 (~USD $106) and will ship in Black and White color variants. It is available exclusively on Amazon with special offers for limited period.